A charge controller’s main function is to optimize a PV array’s output which can fluctuate based on shading and temperature variables found on the average roof. OutBack's industry-leading Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers offer customers the same reliability and durability built into every OutBack product. Innovative solar harvesting and battery charging algorithms allow customers to maximize system potential and increase renewable energy yield by up to 30 percent.
As the industry’s first multi-voltage MPPT charge controller with a landmark design, OutBack’s FLEXmax Series is the most recognized controller on the market today. FLEXmax Controllers support a wide variety of system designs, battery chemistries, and integrate seamlessly in terms of system data management and programming.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Updated MPPT software algorithm improves energy harvest vs other controllers
- 100A output for up to 5kW of charging
- Compatible with 24, 36 and 48VDC battery banks
- Integrated ground fault protection
- System configures quickly with smart programming wizards (MATE3s required)
- Programmable auxiliary control output
- Outdoor-rated enclosure IP54