Outback (V)FXR Inverter
FXR Series Inverter/Chargers
- Single-phase, 230V Sinewave Output in 12V, 24V, or 48V Versions
- 2000W and 2300W Sealed Models
- 2600W and 3000W Vented Models
- Programmable for Seven Different Modes with Generator Assist
- Modular, Stackable Design for up to Nine Inverters in Three-phase and 10 Inverters in Grid-tied
- Up to 93% Operating Efficiency
- Field Upgradable Software
- Standard 5-Year Warranty with Optional 10-Year
FXR Series Inverter/Chargers
The latest, most advanced features on the industry’s most trusted and proven platform—that’s the essence of OutBack’s new FXR Series of Grid/Hybrid inverter/chargers. Capable of off-grid or grid-connected operation in a single model, the FXR Grid/Hybrid inverter/chargers provide system designers with unprecedented flexibility and compatibility for nearly
any power conversion scenario.
The new FXR features and technologies on the acclaimed FX platform include:
- Both off-grid and grid-tied functionality in one unit
- Seven programmable modes, including GridZero and Support Mode, and built-in networked communications
- Advanced Battery Charging (ABC) with expanded charging voltages and time parameters, enabling system designers to accommodate the specific charging profiles and algorithms of new and emerging energy storage technologies including Lithium Ion, Aqueous Ion and Flow Chemistry batteries
- Easy system upgradability in the field
FXR inverter/chargers can be paired with a MATE3 to add OPTICS RE to monitor and control system performance from any location. Available in power ranges from 2000W-3000W, multiple units may be stacked and connected with other OutBack Power electronics for more seamless system integration and the ability to function in a wide variety of applications, and system sizes. Up to nine inverters can be combined in a 3-phase system with the 12V, 24V or 48V models, and up to 30kW in a grid-tied 24V or 48V system. The exclusive modular system architecture means that increased power output is just an additional FXR inverter/charger away.
Available in sealed or vented units with NEMA type 1 die-cast aluminum chassis designed to operate in the harshest environmental conditions such as high temperatures, humidity or corrosive salt air, the FXR’s continue in OutBack’s tradition of absolute dependability in mission critical installations no matter how harsh or challenging the conditions.
OutBack Power Does it Again
With the introduction of the FXR Grid/Hybrid Series inverter/charger, OutBack makes it easy to select an inverter that will meet renewable energy needs today and into the future. The FXR combines the capabilities of both an off-grid and grid interactive inverter into a single unit - meaning one inverter will work in the majority of installations. And, should energy and utility scenarios change, there is no need to replace anything - the smarter FXR inverter can make the change with nothing more than simply reprogramming.
Same Legendary Look... New On-Board Technology
The FXR starts with the best features of the FX platform - pure sine wave output, cast aluminum chassis, advanced internal heat management - and adds cutting-edge features including:
- GridZero Technology
- Advanced Battery Charging
- Seven Programmable Operating Modes
- Remote Monitoring AND Control with OPTICS RE via MATE3
- True Grid/Hybrid Performance
The Bottom Line
The FXR simplifies the inverter/charger landscape with a family of 12 inverter models that can handle virtually any renewable energy scenario, off-grid or grid-interactive, 50 Hz or 60Hz, 120V or 230V.